When we decide to get a bite at a restaurant with friends or family, the last thing we expect is to sustain a serious injury, however, restaurant accidents occur more often than you may think, and if you’ve recently been injured in one, you should strongly consider speaking with a knowledgeable Atlanta restaurant accident lawyer. Contact Steven Jones Injury Law to learn more about restaurant accidents and how our firm can assist you if you’ve been hurt in one.
Do I Need an Atlanta Restaurant Accident Lawyer?
After sustaining an injury in a restaurant, it is critical that you retain knowledgeable legal representation that can effectively fight for the compensation you require to get back on your feet again. You can rely on a seasoned Atlanta injury lawyer here at Steven Jones Injury Law to competently handle your case.
How Do Restaurant Accidents Happen?
Not dissimilar to most accidents, restaurant accidents are generally a result of negligence. Some of the most common causes and types of restaurant accidents are as follows:
- Spilled liquids causing slip and falls
- Poor lighting causing trip and falls
- Unsafe restaurant parking lots
- Burn injuries
- Inadequate security
- Food poisoning
Fulfilling the Burden of Proof
After an accident, if you can, you should do everything in your power to document the facts surrounding the incident. Some of the steps you should take after a restaurant accident are as follows:
- Notify the restaurant owner of your accident and call the police to the scene.
- Take pictures of the unsafe condition that caused your injury.
- Ask any witnesses for their contact information so they can verify your claim later on.
- Receive immediate medical treatment.
- Ask your treating physician for all medical documentation/bills regarding your injury.
- Hire a knowledgeable Atlanta restaurant accident lawyer who can fight for the compensation you deserve.
Statute of Limitations
The statute of limitations for personal injury claims in Georgia is two years. This means you cannot wait longer than two years from the date of your accident to take legal action against the party responsible for your injuries. Give us a call today so we can get started.
Contact an Atlanta Restaurant Accident Lawyer
After sustaining an injury in a restaurant, it is imperative that you do not try to obtain the compensation you need on your own. Hire an attorney who has years of experience fighting for the wrongfully injured in Georgia. Contact Steven Jones Injury Law today.